Friday, April 16, 2010

green thumb

I love coming across little community gardens all around Brooklyn...they're a delight to find in the midst of so much concrete. Most I've seen recently have been busy and blooming...so I was a little disappointed to see this one earlier this evening in (on?) Coney Island. I hope the residents spring into action soon and take advantage of the upcoming growing season and fix up this garden...because there's an opportunity here to have a really lovely space in the midst of...a not very pretty area.









2 comments:

  1. In the top pic it looks like they've got romaine lettuce and either broccoli or cauliflower growing, and there's a hose and a rain barrel. Someone's doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it all looked a little "last year." I shot the most active part of the garden for at least a picture of *something*! I hope they do more than this! It's about the biggest community garden space I've seen, they could really do a lot with it.

    ReplyDelete