Monday, January 25, 2010

thoughts of spring in red hook



driving around red hook this weekend it seemed like i saw more interest in yards and gardens than I've seen in other areas of Brooklyn. maybe the fact that there were two garden centers right across the street from one another! anyway, it got me thinking about my little dirt backyard, and what I can start doing in a couple months to springify it.

this backyard looks kinda messy right now, but i think there was sort of a plan - or at least an effort - at making an interesting backyard space.

click on image for more detail.

1 comment:

  1. Red Hook is very cool, though I imagine it's spooky walking there at night. I bet there are some lifelong residents there who rarely leave.

    You're lucky to have a backyard. Gardening is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete