Monday, January 18, 2010

3rd & 3rd



Driving further north up 3rd Ave today than I'd been before...I think I was nearish the Gowanus area at 3rd Ave & 3rd St...this house just grew up out of an area otherwise flattened by demolition. Funny thing was as I was pulling up, a foot photographer stopped in exactly the spot I was headed for and also took pictures of the house. Ha. I drove around the block while he finished up. Amazing. All of Brooklyn, and we've got two cameras in the exact same spot trying to take a picture of the exact same thing.

Anyway, handsome building. Wondering why it remains when everything around it has been wrecking-balled.

Wish I had a *good* map of neighborhoods so I knew where was I was all the time!

1 comment:

  1. yep this is a cool building, all alone there. I'm sure it has quite a history.

    ReplyDelete